Also called ATX-101, “deoxycholic acid” and is one of the secondary bile acids that is secreted by the liver. This product is FDA approved and safe to reduce excess fat permanently through an injection. It has no downtime with less risk. This treatment is highly effective in improving contour, giving you that youthful look, and eradicating excess fat in the body.
Kybella treats the fat under your chin area, jowl area, as well as love handles. Up to 6 sessions per month.
• You are ineligible if you are currently pregnant, breastfeeding, or have open sores in the designated treatment area.
1. Refrain from using the following products from 2 days before to 2 days after your treatment (or until redness has subsided): RetinA, retinoids, or similar vitamin A compounds, abrasive scrubs or exfoliating products, and bleaching creams (unless otherwise instructed by your provider).
2. Gentlemen: Shave the treatment area one day prior to your scheduled session (unless otherwise instructed by your provider).
3. Do not apply any creams, lotions, perfume, makeup, etc., to the treatment areas prior to the procedure.
4. To minimize the risk of lightheadedness during your treatment, ensure you have eaten a recent meal, including both food and drink, before your procedure. Please inform the provider if you have a history of fainting.
5. Plan your Kybella® appointment at least 2-4 weeks in advance of any special event, such as a wedding or vacation, to account for potential bruising and prolonged swelling.
6. If you have a severe rash, cold sore, or blemish in the treatment area, reschedule your appointment with at least 48 hours notice.
7. Refrain from using anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications for 10-14 days before and 3-4 days after treatment. Medications like Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and may increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
8. Abstain from consuming alcoholic beverages for 1 week prior to treatment (as alcohol may thin the blood and heighten the risk of bruising).
9. Consider starting Arnica tablet supplementation 1 week prior to injections to help prevent bruising.
1. Refrain from exposing yourself to extreme heat, such as in a Jacuzzi or hot showers, for 24 hours following the treatment.
2. Abstain from consuming alcohol or high-sodium foods for 3 days after the treatment to minimize excessive swelling.
3. Avoid engaging in strenuous exercise for the first 24 hours post-treatment.
4. Sleep on your back with your head elevated to reduce swelling.
1. Expect swelling and bruising for 3-5 days post-treatment, gradually subsiding over a few weeks. Swelling may persist for 4-6 weeks.
2. Many patients typically require 2-3 treatments for optimal results. Please arrange a follow-up appointment 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment.
3. Ice packs can be applied to the treated area within the first 12 hours. Apply for 15 minutes every hour. If discomfort arises, discontinue icing.
4. Refrain from massaging the injection site. Swelling, tenderness, bruising, numbness, and firm nodules may occur and will naturally resolve over time. Results are not immediate. Visible results may emerge as early as 4-6 weeks post-treatment, with full effects becoming apparent at 12 weeks post-treatment. Numbness may persist for up to 12 weeks.
5. Do not wrap the treated area and avoid taking anything that could potentially increase swelling on the day of treatment and the days following.
6. You may experience a sensation of heaviness, especially when lying on your back after the treatment. While this may lead to a feeling of breathlessness, it’s important to note that Kybella® does not compromise your airway. Please contact our office if you experience significant swelling, bleeding, pain, dusky discoloration, difficulty swallowing or smiling, or if a fever develops.
Mon – Fri: 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
Sat: 9:00- 12:00 pm
Copyright © 2023 BABYFACE LLC.